Saturday, January 28, 2012

Double-pierced

When I was a teen, I had my one ear double-pierced.

So many have asked me 'why' through the years and I don't have an answer. I simply wanted just one ear doubled-pierced, not two.

Decades ago, my ex-husband when we were dating bought me a very nice diamond for that special piercing.

Last night our daughter had her one ear double-pierced, too.

She, like me, just wanted one ear done. Sometimes there isn't a reason; however, she is me in so many ways.

Brooke was called for a sleepover at her friends house, which made last night the perfect night for the sushi celebration for good grades and date night with Mariah. We love sushi and we love sharing sushi together.

Mariah text Eric to see if he is okay with her getting her one ear double-pierced. He replies "okay." She is always concerned what we both think, so I called him verifying that Mariah has talked for a long time about wanting to get the 2nd piercing. He was fine with it.

I tell them both that I am giving Mariah the diamond he gave me that has only ever been taken out for surgeries.  Eric was pleased, he remembered.

We had such a fun evening! Sushi, her ear pierced, browsing the mall together looking at belly rings, ice cream at Menchies then home for a Modern Family marathon with Season 1.

A quality evening with my quality girl.

One-on-one time with my girls is so important and they both love their individual time. Mariah shares every detail of her life with me. Mostly TMI stuff with Mike. I never over-react and stay naturally calm because I know where she is with him. There are no mom-filters when it comes to her sharing. I love that about our relationship.

Here is your diamond, baby girl. It was from your daddy.