Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

One year later, with one tragedy behind us and another approaching, Brooke had her 1st counseling session.
This private session took an interesting twist in conversation at one point with a unique answer to what was supposed to be a common question.
Brooke was presented the question, “Do you fear losing your mom?”

A very matter of fact Brooke doesn’t skip a beat and very honestly says, “No.” She was given comforting words from her counselor, “It is a very common fear in children, as well as adults, that when one parent dies most fear losing the other.”
“My mom is very healthy, she doesn’t drink or smoke,” Brooke provides a very candid supporting answer.
Thatta girl, mission accomplished!
I have planted seeds in both my girls since they were little with many thoughts:
I love them more than anything in this whole world.
There are no secrets from mom.
            I can handle any situation.
            There is no place they can go that I will not come after them.
I will trust them until they invite me to play in their sand box.
I will run to the battle line on their behalf.
To never start a fight but that they may finish it.
The list goes on.
It is the very comfort I have from my own dad to know he loves me more than anything, while also instilling the most fear in me. My dad is a rock in my life. He is unconditional love and security.
In the face of her daddy’s death, Brooke doesn’t have the least bit of fear in losing me. I am a mighty force in her mind. The exact comfort of love and security I want them to embrace.
Mission accomplished.