Thursday, April 11, 2019

The Drum Roll Please ...


It was a normal day that caught me completely off guard. Hopping on a nationwide (150 locations) sales call when the Congratulations! PowerPoint popped up on the webinar congratulating the sales people that are 100% over budget.

It's been months since I've joined this conference call and I'm so glad I did. Scanning over who the winners are, the first category was outings and there were nine locations that have exceeded their budget.

Then ...

     ... there was one other category, Events, and only one winner ...

me.

It took me a moment to comprehend that out of 150 locations, I am the only one who has exceeded my budget numbers. Winner winner, chicken dinner! Well, in this case it's a gift card.

Because I wasn't given the heads up at all, I reached out and asked if these was by region or nationally and when I learned I was the first sales person to be over 100% budget for the entire company, I took my snapshots of this conversation and of the PP slide and text a handful of people.

It's only April and I think my colleagues are tired of my prattling off analytics. I watch my numbers, okay slightly obsess, over my numbers every day. It's the gauge that I over perform and well, I'm sure I'd get tired of hearing it if it was another doing it and my productivity wasn't even close.

When we were in Orlando and when our regional pointed out to me the winner of the 2018 sales award that she would be a great person for me to talk to, I probably, perhaps said something on the lines of, "I've already beat my budget and that award is mine next year." Laughingly saying that in fun humor, but I mean it. 

If I have no one to compete with, I will compete with myself and can make a competition out of anything. It stimulates my mind and a great outlet for energy.

This is not at all the time to relax, because I do not know how far the other locations are behind me. Instead, I am going to turn it up a couple notches and take it to a level nobody expects this year, simply because I believe I can.