Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter 2019


We are a family of faith and our foundation in firm in what Easter is. It is absolutely about Jesus.

We also have fun in the magic of Christmas as well as Easter baskets and chocolates. In tradition, I made my chocolates and prepared baskets for my adult daughters and my granddaughter, with Sofia's Easter gifts in a Pool Splashing Fun theme. 

There were cookies and dried apricots dipped in chocolate ... 


Crunch cups and haystacks ...


... and Easter bunnies. This year was different. I usually do one large solid bunny for each of their baskets, but I believe both my daughters claim these large bunnies, so this year I did four small ones. Now the guys get one, too. For Sofia, I did a cute little chick that looks like the penguin on her water vest. 

There are always three crosses in their baskets strategically displayed. 


Her little pail had fruit chews, stickers, little lamb chocolates in each egg, and her solid chocolate chick. She is a joy to watch as she opened and tasted, one thing after another and took her time opening each egg.


Easter dinner is always delicious with a table filled with homemade dishes and desserts, the day spent with our family all together, conversations and laughter.

Happy Easter, everyone.