Monday, April 15, 2019

An Unexpected Email


About a year ago our family did Ancestry DNA as a Christmas gift from my brother.

This morning I received an email through Ancestry DNA from a man saying we are related and share more DNA than his actual cousins. Our results close, he shared a bit of info and asked if anything was familiar to me.

I recognized his name, George, named after my Grandfather. My mom knew she had a 1/2 brother, George, but didn't know any details or where he is. 

A complete stranger, yet my uncle. I replied back validating the info he knew. Thanks to the internet I was pleased to learn he is a business professional in the medical field in Miami.

Life is like a box of chocolates ... 

It's all so odd.

There is another I've noticed Ancestry DNA has me closely connected to, but that is going to be for another time. Some of my family has uniting to do before I can reach out and say hello.