Thursday, March 21, 2019

Twinkle Little Star


Grief and joy can coexist. As I watch my daughters belly grow with new life and feel the gentle movement of her belly, I am in breathless anticipation of my grandchild that will be arriving very soon.

With my Sofia who I am so in love with, my 3rd grandchild on the way, there was a 2nd one my heart grieves for. I love being a grandmother. It is a role in my life I knew I would love, but I couldn't fathom how much in love I was going to be.

Today is the due date of my 2nd grandchild that didn't make it last summer.

Grandchildren are a crescendo in life. Each one individually absolutely matters and there is one that didn't make it and that little one is who I am desperately missing today.

Even before you were born, I was your grandma and I loved you.

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are

When the blazing sun is gone
When nothing shines upon
Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the nigh
Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
XO


 

*When you were with us. <3