Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Luxury Resort Business Trip


I confess I was a bit anxious knowing I was going to be sharing a room on our company business trip. Four days/Three nights with colleagues sharing a bathroom, yikes!

This was our 30th Anniversary Celebration and our company brought 400 management employees from 150 locations across the United States, even in Maui, in for the celebration.

We stayed at the Reunion Resort, a luxury resort that sprawled across 2,200 acres with three golf courses in Orlando, Florida. Our beautiful, three bedroom suite came with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, large balcony, three private bedrooms rooms each with their own private bathroom. Thank, God!

I arrived first and grabbed the large master suite with a bathroom 4x larger than what I have at home. It was lovely.

Seeing the agenda, I still had no idea how above and beyond, sparing no expense, in detail they went to provide us with luxury, gifts, multiple guests speakers (CEO's of the largest in the industry across the country), Surf & Turf dinners, delectable desserts, open bars and food and entertainment.

We had an 80's pool party in the water park with music, food stations and bars set up all over with everything from fruits & veggies, to hamburgers, to lobster, shrimp, and clams.

Even letting us choose the theme park we wanted to go to, they provided gift cards to us to use for food or gifts.

There was not a thing I had to pay for.

It was amazing meeting like-minded professionals in our industry from across the country. There is nothing but growth opportunity as well as transfer opportunities to other locations.

Mostly men, many came up to me already knowing my name because of the professional head shots collected and turned into a yearbook for each of us to keep and know the others by.

One gentleman, I knew his name, but I couldn't place him in the sea of colleagues came up to me and said, "Wait! Let me guess, you are Dawn!" I said that's me. Recognizing me from my photo, he said, "Wow, our regional VP at corporate sings my praises and said I am knocking it out of the park!"

I smiled and thanked him and asked what location he is at. He is a VP at corporate. Yikes! I laughed and graciously fell on the sword of being new to the company, apologizing I did recognize his name and of course I was thrilled to meet him.

There was a waiter that was smitten with me, which provided excellent service throughout my stay and one morning said, "Thank you for being so beautiful and for being here!" I turned to my colleagues and said, "You need to work on your morning greetings when I walk in the room!" ha ha

It was a fabulous trip! Beyond what I expected and walking away I am even more grateful for where I am.





Heading into Universal with some of the guys I work with. 






It felt so amazing feeling the sunshine and hot temps. We had the best lunch at Margaritaville. The outdoor patio with live steel drum music was a perfect destination to dine and fuel up mid-day at Universal.

Last night, everyone together for the Awards Celebration, a view from my table with my colleagues and friends I had the best time with!



Four days, three nights, a whirlwind schedule of luxury and entertainment. I'm worn out and glad to be home.

Well, at least until I head out for vacation next week for fun in the sun, and another luxury resort spa-la-la out west.

I need to sleep.