Thursday, March 28, 2019

Magnificent Tucson

 

Tucson is one of the most stunning and unique destinations I've ever been to. My vacation was days spent by the pool sipping Prickly Pear Margaritas, hiking, spa-la-la-ing, dining in fabulous restaurants, laughing to tears multiple times, being in awe in every direction I looked, and enjoying the delicious feeling of the sun baking my skin and being sun-kissed.

The saguaro's, magnificent! 

Wanting to explore, thank goodness ignorance is bliss, we ventured off on a trail into the desert and mountains. Climbing over rocks, through narrow trails, we laughed, took photos and simply admired God's creation. 

Crossing several creeks I was shocked how ice cold the water was. My analogy is ... if you pour a cup of ice water down a griddle, don't you think it would warm up? It's frigid! Creeks were everywhere and we were loving our adventure. We hiked four miles, snapped and shared our photos on social media when multiple people contacted us that the hiking trail we were in was one of the toughest hiking trails AND it's rattlesnake season! 

Like I said, ignorance is bliss. 

On another hike we noticed warning signs to beware of: 4 different types of rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, and mountain lions, oh my! I only wonder how close we came with "Thank you's!" going up to heaven!




The mountain view from our balcony.



An 80 foot natural waterfall.


To sipping margaritas by the pool.




And watching the sun rise in the morning over the mountains. 


Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is a perfect escape into the wild West. There is nothing I enjoy more than being unexpectedly surprised with the magnificent and Tucson truly is magnificent.

Brooke's Aunt Kim lives in Tucson, 5 minutes from Loews. We had a lovely visit dining on a patio of an authentic Mexican restaurant then she took me on a tour of her home and her amazing back yard. It's so funny I always refer to Kim as Brooke's aunt and as I was sitting there at lunch listening to her give me updates on the family I know so well it hit me, this is Keith's sister. I am so grateful to have these relationships decades later.

Tons of photos, memories that make me smile, souvenirs for my girls and gifts for me, I'm so happy to be home.