Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017, I Welcome You!

Thank you, God! I am a numbers person and I do not like the number 6 and I didn't like 2016.

My favorite number are 7 and 8. You know what that means? 2017 and 2018.

My Mariah's heart bursting in gratefulness acknowledging what a wonderful year she has had and she's happy. What more can a mom want.

My Brooke spending New Year's Eve with Alex at his home with his family had her in nervous excitement all day. I was proud of her when she asked on her own what she could bring, she said she wouldn't show up without a dish. She went to the store, bought and baked brownies. You see, this was her first New Year's Eve out and she couldn't wait for her first New Year's Eve kiss. She prepared herself all day.

Me, I prayed for a wonderful New Year's Eve.

Saying goodbye to 2016 and welcoming 2017 was really important to me.

I slipped into a bath with a wonderful bath bomb Mariah & Jeremy bought me. A candle, a dish of chocolates and a sweet tea ... the bath bomb fizzed into a wonderful aroma leaving flower petals floating on the water.

It's fun to prepare for a date.

Fresh paint on my nails, an off the shoulder top with strappy high heels, jewelry that sparkles, it was just some wild curls that couldn't be contained and I had to go with an up hair style.

David arrived looking handsome in his sexy jeans and a new white shirt, watch and shoes matching. He is so handsome.

We decided to stop for a beverage before dinner. I enjoyed a beautiful presentation of Christmas Sangria and he loved his Salted Caramel Mocha Martini with a caramel and pretzel rim. It really was delicious.



We went to our favorite local restaurant for sushi. The most perfect bites of heaven, to this day I believe it is quite possibly my favorite food. Our most favorite.

Flirty and affectionate is a chemistry reaction to wonderful. I was expecting fireworks at home and it turns out it was an evening filled with spontaneity.

The evening ahead of us, we stopped at a local sports bar to catch part of the OSU game and played a few games of pool. 

There is something about watching his intensity of breaking the rack that I find intoxicating ...


We came home and started watching a new series, Nashville. We like to have a go to show to watch during winter months when it is cold and dark early and we both like doing marathons when there is nothing going on.

Playing with Finn & Max, watching the ball drop and sipping wine, I am grateful for love. For choosing love in my most perfect place, my lips against his welcoming 2017.