Friday, August 26, 2016

Wunning

I love mornings! I love summer mornings when Brooke has left for school, I open the windows to feel the fresh outdoor air and hear the summer sounds you can hear only when the house is quiet.

Ahhhh ... the sunshine.

I choose my morning form of exercise and just as I am running back down my street, a text comes through, "Are u wunning?"

I laughed and replied, "Yes!"

Wunning is what I am calling my walk/runs. It is me doing my morning miles walking and when I feel like it I run. This removes the stress of feeling as if I have to run the whole time when I flat out don't enjoy it, then my Nike app gauges how I did and it reports I did slightly better or worse than the last time.

Technology can remove all the joys of simply being and I am winning because I am motivated and moving.

Just go for a walk.

Just go for a run.

Just go for a bike ride.

I don't need a technology device to pull artificial intelligence to track if I did well or not.

Happiness is a frame of mind.