Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Actively Doing My Thing

Actively doing my thing, I find myself with a fresh perspective, able to view upcoming scenery and arms open for a better life than the one I now enjoy.

I saw her from afar
     enjoying life to the fullest
         moving confidently
             through her dreams
                  weaving new dreams
              arms open
           as if expecting
         more blessings than she could hold
     and I wanted her ...
   I wanted to drink from her life
 to taste
what she thought was so sweet
      I wanted to fall asleep
           hearing her laughter
               and wake up in her arms
                  so strong
              so warm
            so able to live
          and able to love at the same time ...
      I wanted to wander through
    the maze of her mind
 and discover each fascinating thought
         I wanted to know
                who she was ...
                      every facet
                           every flaw
                                every strength
                         every weakness ...
                     I wanted her to
                 need me
             to not need me
         to want me
      to not want me
              like an elusive butterfly
                    drawn to the color
                          of my love
                                already drunk
                                     from the honey of the Son
                               while she decides
                           whether to alight
                    and partake or not
               I have already decided.
       I want her ...

           - Michelle McKinney Hammond