Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Perfect Vehicle

I found it!

After weeks of searching, days spent hitting countless car dealerships, testing driving, salesmen becoming a blur of business cards and hours upon hours of online searches, I found it. A Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a pewter-like exterior, black leather interior with ALL the bells and whistles (including a few features I've never had before) is now nestled in my garage.

My payment? Significantly less than I was hoping/wanting to pay. It's perfect. Thank you, God!

Vehicle hunting is no easy task. As I bounced between new and used, I found myself nit-picking in frustration. I wouldn't like the color of the exterior or the interior, it didn't have all the features I wanted to justify a payment. I knew I would know it when I saw it and I did.

Cargurus.com is a goldmine for viewing what is out there dealership or privately owned. It searches vehicles according to Great Price! Good Price! Fair Price! and below value. My Jeep fell under a Great Price! search and I found it an hour away. Doing a 500 mile search, I did not find another like it close to the price. That is thorough car shopping [happy dance].

A new milestone in life has been reached.


Brooke now has the Honda CRZ and we are equal in happiness when it comes to her new freedom of having her own car embracing independence and I find myself feeling as if I am in my 20's again except it's ever better!

It's better because my home is established, I'm in the groove of a career I enjoy, my youngest daughter stepping into transportation freedom, working and embracing her freedoms positions me to wake up, stretch my arms and ask myself ...

"What do I want to do today?"

I know exactly what I want to do! Put a hitch on my Jeep, get the bike rack I want and start biking my favorite biking paths.