Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Country Bridal Shower

Weeks and weeks of planning Mariah's country bridal shower and afterwards as I collapsed across my chaise, mentally worn out and my whole body hurting from organizing, hauling, setting up/tearing down, and all my senses in high gear for her perfect bridal shower, I came to the overwhelming conclusion, I am grateful everything turned out perfect, relieved it is over, the bank is closed and all things have been purchased, and now I can simply relax and enjoy the wedding.


Country-themed menu: Biscuit Bar home-made southern buttermilk biscuits with choice of grilled ham steak w/cucumber relish or rotisserie chicken with honey or sweet & spicy mustard, cornbread muffins w/amish butter, fresh blackberries & strawberries with honey, thick chocolate chip brownies w/maple cool whip, sweet tea, lemonade and coffee.

  
 


Dark blue rock candy served as a metaphor and as party favors tied with pretty satin bows and a crystal heart that read, "Thank you." Love rocks and color of the rock candy matches Mariah's engagement ring.


Fresh flowers graced every table in pretty simplicity.


Her shower went beautifully.

In the next 1-1/2 weeks she is in the process of moving out of our home and her wedding day.

On the home front here, it is a significant change. Mariah moving out, bedroom and bathroom renovations about to begin and all of us adjusting to a new season in life.

A season I openly welcome.