Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day Before the Wedding

This week has been days of details coming together before the grand crescendo tomorrow, the wedding.

I never get sick and of all weeks to get sick, this week has kicked my butt. Antibiotics in my system, my voice is gone, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery as we decorate the barn in a couple of hours.

Tonight is Mariah's last night sleeping at home.

As much as I am ready for this wedding, that very thought seems overwhelming.

At the bridal shop yesterday another unexpected wave of emotion overwhelmed me as I was picking up her wedding dress. I guess it is moments that become so real to me as a mom that the reality of all that is about to happen becomes unexpected treasures of memories of a beautiful piece of the puzzle for her perfect day.

An outdoor wedding mid-April in Ohio? Risky. God love her, it will be sunny and high 60's. I'm betting it gets even warmer as a kiss from heaven.  

Tomorrow morning is the last morning she wakes up living at home. I have a couple of special touches as surprises for her to start her last morning off as a single young woman and bride.

Today, all the pieces will be set in place for preparation sake and a rehearsal will bring everyone together so they know what to do tomorrow.

Tomorrow, my little girl becomes a wife.