Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter 2016

In less than three weeks I have Mariah's bridal shower to pull off, she has her Bachelorette party and the wedding takes place. I am also responsible in pulling details and productions together.

Add in Easter.

Decor. Easter baskets. Dinner.

This was Mariah's last Easter at home and I am pleased I pulled it together in a production I can look back on and am pleased with.

It made my heart happy when she stated she loved her Easter basket. The homemade chocolates versus photos she has seen on social media of store bought stuff. It was Easter as she has always remembered.

Dinner turned out delicious. Ham steaks on the grill (the absolute best way to eat ham), green bean casserole, deviled eggs, chive couscous, cinnamon chuck applesauce, fresh pineapple & strawberries drizzled in honey, Amish dinner rolls w/peanut butter spread, and Amish maple covered cinnamon rolls for dessert.

Warm and in the upper 70's, windows were open and we sat on the patio in the sunshine.

I mowed for the first time this year. Then David got the Harley out for the first time this season and rode Brooke around Nimisila (her favorite place to ride), then we went riding.

One successful production down. Three to go.

Easter was the easy production.

Much is about to happen over the next few weeks. Life changing events.

Then, my daughter becomes a wife.