Friday, April 29, 2016

Facetiming the Honeymooners

I watch Facebook every day to see honeymoon photos. Three destinations + three weeks, and they are now entering week #3.

My Mariah is one who gets homesick and one night this week I had a dream that she stepped into my arms crying that she wanted to come home. It was the only time I text and asked her to call me. Relieved she is happy and in her glory with vacationing/honeymooning with the love of her life.

Tonight was wonderful when Facetime came across my phone. Both my Mariah & Jeremy sun-kissed, all smiles and saying "Hello!"

She walked me through their beach house in Florida showing me room to room. I confess it was weird when she said, "This is our bedroom ..." and the bed was unmade. I wonder for my little girl how she is adjusting to being a virgin newlywed. It is so important and we have had necessary conversations regarding the importance of intimacy. Yes, I prepared my daughter with knowledge.

Tonight the three of us talked, laughed, and as she is glowing, telling me all their adventures, she asks if I miss her and if the house feels different without her. Then she stops and asks, "Mom, are you crying?"

Tears were slipping down my cheeks and I couldn't help it.

As a mom, I couldn't want any more for her. Her heart happy and full, married to the love of her life. Starting a new life together and the beginning being so magical and perfect. She is happy, they are young, healthy and in love. It is everything as a mom I could dream for my child.

As she was walking me through their beach house it came to my mind, if all my dreams of love, happiness and marriage gets poured in her, I am okay with that. I love her. Her path will be so different than mine. I've made a lot of mistakes and it just doesn't seem as if it is my journey.

Safe travels, my kids, I have you both covered in prayer!