Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Wedding in Less Than Two Months

Much preparation, so much anticipation, the wedding is in less than two months.

Countless details that need to come together for the bridal shower, wedding, and a bachelorette party. I've been asked to be the event coordinator over wedding details and decor.

In all my professional event planning experience over the decades, this by far is the most challenging. This is personal.

My feet have felt like they have concrete blocks around them and I have procrastinated horribly. Getting a vision was the first major obstacle. Nothing came to mind for weeks and to take Mariah's ideas, which isn't in-line with my taste and to pull off her total country burlap wedding in a barn into country elegance has me balancing one of the biggest days in her life and making it perfect. Her perfect.

Much excitement for her, her and Jeremy, their new life to start brand new together.

Excited for the change here at home. Brooke taking her sisters room which will include bedroom remodeling and no more arguing over who cleans their bathroom, it will become a one-person job. Mariah's closed-door bedroom disaster, open and less stomping around at midnight every night.

I look forward to the wedding just being here.

Every detail in place and the music starting.

I can't wait to hear her stories and details of her 3-week honeymoon, her new life with her husband. She will be quitting her job before they get married and I look forward to time with her. Our current work and life schedules have our paths crossing only between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. every day.

Her dreams are about to come true.

Her life is about to change significantly.

A wedding is the tip of the iceberg, but this mom is feeling all of that iceberg.