Sunday, February 14, 2016

To Walk with Fingers Touching

These photos at this distance means nothing to me. Too abstract.



Closer into view ...


... it is a field of flowers with three people photographed walking through its field.

It's when I look even closer ...



... that I see the once abstract becomes beauty, life, majesty, emotions and dreams.

I don't want to just walk through these fields, I want to time to linger in these gardens. I imagine feeling breathless with anticipation approaching them knowing rest, relaxation and time is in front of me to refresh taking in its overwhelming beauty.

To feel the sunshine and warmth.

For life to slow down and linger for hours.

Extending a hand down and touch the velvety soft petals of a flower caress my fingertips in one leisurely step at a time. No hurry ... no rush. Overwhelmed in emotion.

The quietness of being in the middle of a field with flowers as far as the eye can see. Warmth of the sun. The sound of an occasional bird in the air. The music of nature.

Yes, I want to stroll through fields of tulips. To walk with my fingers touching velvety petals.

I want to take in their beauty and my heart to be filled with awe praising God for the beauty of the moment and the feeling of desperately wanting time to slow down to capture it all.

From a distance it is abstract and unappealing.

Walking through the gardens is where the magic is felt.