Thursday, January 21, 2016

Submission

The bible says, "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."

[Clause:  I am not a wife.]  Off the hook on a technicality.

As a single mom, with the duties of a father and mother that rests on me, I am the law in my home. Times that by 19 years of life experience has firmed this role.

Put into positions working with strong male roles in the medical field, working as the right hand of a President & CEO, serving as a director with authority over men in a rescue mission men's shelter, you can absolutely guess, my skills are well-honed and my confidence rock solid.

Of course, I would choose a man in my life who must be the man in the relationship. Not an easy quest. I do believe most men are emotionally weak and this generation of men do not compare to the generation of men from my father's generation with strong work ethics, family values, and that submit to God themselves.

Submission has always been laughable.

As an alpha female with a strong and confident personality and not a high level respect for 98% of weak men out there from life and professional experience, knowing God through the bible has put an order of authority puts me into a submissive position once married.

God. Husband. Wife.

Ladies, this is why you better chose well.

Unnatural, uncomfortable, abnormal, for this girl.

Loop holes every where. Saved by technicality. I still know what will be expected for someday.

All this to say ... I have found an "Aha!" moment and a boundary I can live within and if it gives any woman a peace of mind, this will be the mantra for every painful time I am God-ordered submissive ...

Submission is learning to duck so God 
can hit your husband.