Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Very Happy Girl!

HOORAY and congratulations, Brooke got her drivers license! A milestone into freedom.

She was over the moon and of course we stopped for a celebration breakfast before I took her into school for the day. Unbeknownst to me Brooke was coordinating her plan.

David stopped into the rescue mission when I was feeding the public and asked me why Brooke had text him to find out what time he would be home? He text her back asking "why" and she just said, "just asking."

Brooke's plan:

    #1 - Ensure David will be home = a 2nd vehicle will ensure her rights to my vehicle.

    #2 - She text me and asks me to bring home $20 so she can get something to eat when I home. Translation: Bring me $20 and your car.

Stopping by the bank, David came in a few minutes behind me. Brooke wasn't there and he asked if she had already left?? I assured him she was on her way home with Alex now to get the car and go on her first adventure as a licensed driver, primarily without me.

A bit frantic, I was surprised when David expressed how upset he almost was if she had left and he didn't see her off for the first time. I saw the close-call anxiousness and I knew he meant it. I pulled him into my arms and kissed him telling him how sweet he is to genuinely want to be a part of this milestone with her. My heart fell in love over and over, again.



Cash in her pocket, keys in the ignition, Alex in the passenger seat, she is ready to jet set the heck away from us! David prattling off a mile long list of safety reminders and me snapping photos and trying to videotape this moment, Brooke pulling out of the garage and closing the garage door to get the heck away from two crazy parents!

She had a ball. Congratulations, sis!