Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Preparation

Christmas preparation is a grand production and I am pleased to be right on schedule:

  - Our home decorated the day after Thanksgiving begins the start of the season, check.
  - Christmas cards in the mail by November 30th, check.
  - Most of the Christmas shopping bought and paid for before December 1st, check.

I have learned this schedule allows my days to be filled with Christmas music, downtime to watch holiday movies from the comforts of home, walk through shops with beautifully decorated Christmas trees, and plan Christmas events I want to attend for a full month.

Saturday, David and I went to the quaint little town of Cambridge, Ohio with 92 life size scenes of Dickens Christmas. The courthouse was the center of attention with over 55,000 lights choreographed to Christmas music.



We walked in and out of little shops and found it odd to say, "Merry Christmas!" as we would walk out, store owners wishing us well wishes for stopping by their shop.

Walking through town holding hands, Christmas music filled the air and it felt as if we walked back in time.

This is how I want my Christmas season spent. Not in the chaos of shopping, but in enjoyment of breathing in Christmas.

It feels good to know I still have time to peruse upcoming Christmas events and make the very most of December.