Monday, November 30, 2015

We Date, Every Day

In the midst of a wonderful life, relationships are tough.

I've learned that forgiveness, forgiveness, and more forgiveness is necessary for not just the big things in life, but in the daily little things that chip away at our resolve.

David said it best when he text me, "We are both with strong personalities and both are very sensitive ... which sometimes caused issues with hurt feelings for one or the other, sometimes both."

He shared his heart, open and raw and filled with love he reminded me that we date, every day. Our "normal" which isn't mundane but exciting and adventurous.

It's true. We date, every day.

We are so in tune with one another, so much alike, on the same wave length in an invisible realm that not only keeps us together, but my thoughts become his thoughts and vice versa.

David and I can sit down at a restaurant and order the same meal and beverage (of course we argue over who came up with the selection first and call the other a copy cat). Every time.

We were just at a large mall in Cleveland yesterday, walked the entire mall in and out of tons of shops. As we walked into the last store before we left, David walked up to one specific item (out of the whole mall) and made a comment he really like it. Sometimes, I just shake my head. I told him, "That is what I bought Jason & Melissa last year for Christmas."

Before that, driving to the mall I realized I was in need of a cup off coffee. Knowing a McDonald's was a mile up the road, my plan was to get close and ask him to turn in. I wanted a hot cup off coffee and I knew he would like an iced coffee.

Seconds later, he asked if I wanted a coffee. I shared that was my plan, but I was waiting until we got closer. I said a McDonald's was just up the road. It was my idea first, my treat. He argued he said it first, his treat. He was the driver and closest to the drive-up window so he paid.

We are highly sensitive to each others sighs and blinks. We are so in tune with each others heart, desires, shortcomings and tones, you take two strong, like-minded personalities and we often clash like the titans. We love each other endlessly and most days are carefree, fun and over the top adventurous. Some days we don't even like each other and love does become a choice tapping into forgiveness and patience which doesn't come easy.

We do date every day and I love that about our life together.

A Sunday together going to church, home for lunch, shopping in Cleveland, he wants to take me to dinner (because every day is a date). I chose to go home and make dinner so we can watch a movie together, which ended up being a delicious meal and a classic comedy, "What About Bob?"

David knows my hearts desires, hears me when I say, "I need this ... from you" and steps up within moments like a rock star.

When the movie was over he suggested ice cream. My favorite ice cream ever is Dark Chocolate Peppermint w/coconut from Cold Stone Creamery; however, they only serve it during the Christmas season. A quick phone call confirmed they have it and we were off for ice cream.

I can see our life together, two lives blending seamlessly into one life. Two spunky old people who perhaps debate most any topic, lost without the other, becoming one heartbeat. He is my heart.

Dating every day, what a treasure you are.

Forgiveness, what a treasure you are.

Love, what a  treasure you are.

Love is a choice.