Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas

Christmas is a grand production and because it means so much to me, I did my absolute best. 

Months of putting thought and creativity into gifts to make their Christmas special and thought-filled. Months rationing every dollar I had so each would remember the thrill and excitement of gifts that took much thought. Food and beverage details down to table presentation from Christmas Eve through Christmas day.

I was so excited for Christmas I woke up at 4:30 and 5:30 a.m. I put on coffee, turned on the trees lights, lit candles to stimulate the olfactory sense, and turned on soft Christmas music. 

After I showered and got completely ready, I felt 7:00 a.m. is late enough to wake my girls up.

*jingle* 

*jingle*

*jingle*

I jingled Santa's jingle bells, the same ones I've used since they were little to wake them up to the sound of Santa. It's okay they are 16 and 20 years old, I want Christmas special in their hearts and in their memories.

Sleepy faces wake up and hearts are happy.

Every thought-filled gift was met with eyes wide open, thrilled faces. I don't buy just to buy, much thought goes into each special gift. 

The table beautifully set, we enjoyed filet mignon, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, chunky cinnamon applesauce and salad with 4-blend Italian cheese. 

Cake. Pies. Chocolates.

So many chocolates.

Much detail, thought and love went into Christmas. 

I hosted Christmas Eve with everyone over with much laughter, then Christmas day. At 3:30 p.m. I slipped away to pull off the Christmas message and dinner at the rescue mission. My message was on a meaningful Christmas, that first joyous and wondrous Christmas day of Jesus birth, in a place where "Merry Christmas" is sometimes hard to hear and say.

Christmas is magical and I can honestly say I did my absolute best. 

I asked God for a Christmas miracle this Christmas ... reflecting back to find it in the hustle-n-bustle, I believe I found it through my girls who thought Christmas was perfect.