Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Some days I wake up and I know the mission in front of me. It takes careful coordinating, exact timing, nonstop work and it requires 100% of staying on task. 

A lot of productions as of late. 

Thanksgiving Day 2015.  

It was quite a production and it did come together beautifully and everything was truly delicious. Garlic & Herb Turkey, homemade Broccoli Cheese soup, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Shoepeg Corn, Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and Gravy, Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce, Deviled Eggs, Pineapple, and Dinner rolls w/Sea Salt Butter & Blackberry Pie (complements of Amish Country). 



Mariah said it was perfect. 

Clean as you cook.

Much to clean up. 

When all was done I had 15 minutes to sit down with a cup of coffee and watch a small piece of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade then off to the rescue mission to feed the hungry in Canton. 

As I greeted guests as they came in to eat saying, "Happy Thanksgiving!" one guy said, "I don't get it, why does everyone say Happy Thanksgiving?" I said, "We are going to cover that in devotions." I read the proclamation from President Abraham Lincoln proclaiming we celebrate Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of the month of November in thanks to God for all things ... in the midst of the Civil War. It was a good read if you have not read it before.  

What a day! The good news is there is so much food left I don't have to cook for a week.