Thursday, October 10, 2013

Gentle Reminders Daily

When I walked away from my job in June, my intention was to enjoy two weeks off then aggressively pursue what comes next. Four months later, I am still absolutely confident in my decision although at times not having an income coming in is stressful.

Being confident in my decision is my comfort, being home during this period when my girls have really needed me is my gentle reminder that everything happens for a purpose and I am where I am supposed to be. It reminds me of the mother turtle dove who patiently sat on her nest during storms watching life happen for everyone else, while keeping watch over her eggs that would soon hatch.

In my frustrations, which is often every single person who asks how the job search is going. If a person is not working, stop asking the obvious. The answer hasn't changed if I am not saying, I'm starting a new job. 

As head of the household and the only provider, this is between God and I and I am confident there is a bigger plan and purpose.

There is a common theme that has been presenting itself lately. Well, daily ...

If God made everything happen right away, or whenever we wanted it to happen, it wouldn’t require anything of us. We would miss the opportunity to grow because we grow in the difficult times. We grow when our faith is being stretched, when we have to believe when we don’t see any reason to believe, when we stay in faith when our mind is telling us we’re wasting our time, when we give God praise but we really feel like complaining. That’s passing the test. When you do that every day, your faith is not only increasing, your character is not only being developed, but you are one day closer to seeing the promise come to pass.                   
          
Today, don’t give up on a promise just because you’ve been waiting a long time. Dig your heels in. Put on a new attitude. God is saying, “Every promise I’ve spoken over you, every dream I’ve placed in your spirit, even the secret petitions of your heart, the dreams you haven’t told anyone about, I still have every intention of bringing them to pass.”  -Joel Osteen
It is the common theme of things don't happen on our timeline. It's so easy to have faith when life if easy, but how do you react when life gets really uncomfortable?  Do you take matters into your own hands and control the situation?  Fortunately, I have an overabundance of faith and trust in God and I do believe my season of waiting patiently is going to reaps many rewards. It may not be financial rewards, I am holding out for significance.
My faith has been proven stronger as everyone else seems to be in panic and I am not.  I get frustrated, yes.
In my quest for more out of life, I am getting gentle reminders daily to stay calm, there is a much bigger reason for this season. And quite honestly, I'd rather be here than stuck in a safe financial place unhappy.