Monday, October 14, 2013

In the Midst of a Rainy Day

Brooke is an event coordinator by nature and comes by it very naturally, it's in her DNA. I have a history of pulling off and hosting extremely successful professional events that I am most proud of.

Yesterday, was a bit different and completely blindsiding ...

In the midst of a rainy, pretty crappy day, Brooke decides she wants to host a bonfire party all-inclusive with homemade party invitations. In preparation she drags the tarp out of the shed and covers the needed wood. This was after she hosted an outdoor picnic yesterday for the neighbor kids to impress them with her lunch preparing skills and our household goodies (ice cream cake, all of our Sam's Club size honey wheat pretzels and Amish country very fluffy & plump sugar cookies and rice krispy treats) I had purchased only 1-1/2 days prior.  I was livid!

I like to have fun and different things in the house to snack on for my family. I don't like spending a small fortune and it not lasting a reasonable amount of time.

It was just one of those days from the start of the day nothing went well.

When I realized all the food had been devoured, my anger had piqued, and I did not filter my words.

Then, imagine my surprise, in the midst of a rainy day, with no food left in my house [even the ice tea pitcher was almost empty] a stranger walks up my driveway.

I'm thinking he must be here to pick up one of the neighbor kids. Oh no, he was here for the party. He had received a "Meet the Neighbors" party invitation and he lives on the next street over.

Brooke thought it would be good for me to meet the neighborhood, but didn't bother to tell me she had.

There are no words. Well, there are no nice words that come to mind as my brain is exploding in frustration. I did my best to color in the picture on every level how this was not a good idea. She still didn't get it.

I would like to protest school being closed today for Columbus Day.