Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Traditions

Yesterday began this year's Christmas holiday traditions.

We have many.

Black Friday to us is staying in, turning on Christmas music, making hot cocoa, and decorating our home for Christmas. I strive for Currier & Ives moments and once the production of dragging out boxes of decor, decorating and cleaning is done, our home feels warm, festive and ready for Christmas.

Let me back up to yesterday though ... yesterday was the annual Christmas Tree Festival and in tradition, my girls and I walked through admiring hundreds of uniquely decorated Christmas trees, then we are off to a local landscaping nursery that has an impressive holiday scenes and decor for sale. Last but not least, our afternoon wraps up at the Waterloo, known for incredible desserts in a highly Christmas-decorated restaurant, never changing and exactly the same in my memories as a child shared with my grandmother.

Here is a pic of one of the tree's that I actually laughed out loud over, the Grinch stuck in a tilted over tree ...



This is my Mariah conquering the famous 18" high Long John milkshake, where you must stand on your knees in the booth to drink it or set it on the seat beside you ...


My Christmas shopping is almost complete!

In tradition, I am on track for Christmas. My shopping complete by November 30th and PAID for.  Christmas cards in mailboxes by December 1st (I'm still on track). Our home decorated on Black Friday (we are almost there). The month of December spent *stress free* enjoying one holiday event after the other. Endless Christmas music. Christmas shows on television in the evenings. Christmas concerts at church. Holiday lights. Endless celebrations keeping the meaning of Christmas as the reason for the season.

My favorite holiday embraced and celebrated to the utmost!