Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Force To Be Reckoned With

Our Black Friday society has managed to jump from its designated day, the day after Thanksgiving, to before Thanksgiving.

I love this caption ...

 
Television commercials, flyers in the mail, stores dazzling and tempting every consumer of their extra special $ales prices of must-have items.
 
Black Friday is pure madness.
 
In light of Thanksgiving with Christmas only weeks away, people will trample one another to get the best price of an item they don't need. Campers set up in tents outside of Best Buys seven days ahead of time to be the first in line for Black Friday.
 
What about Thanksgiving? What about the importance of family and a thankful heart for what each of us already has?
 
When it comes to Black Friday, I am a force to be reckoned with.
 
My shopping is done and there is not a single store that I need to step into for the next couple of days as to not deal with hoarding, shopping gluttens that challenge my Christianity and happy disposition.
 
I am not accomplished because I have so much time on my hands, when I worked full-time, took part-time courses, ran my home and raised my girls in a very busy lifestyle, I still managed to plan ahead and avoid the chaos. 
 
Thanksgiving has always been the fourth Thursday of every November and Christmas has always been December 25th. Plan wisely.
 
In our home, the day after Thanksgiving (to America it is Black Friday), is staying safe indoors, decorating our home, and welcoming the Christmas season.