Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy

Today I am happy.

My relationship with Billy ended 2 months ago.

I say it ended, because a dear friend made the comment to me that for the last two months, I have said we are separated. Separated is temporary. It was my hope our separation would be temporary.

Everyone in my life knows I love Billy. I deeply loved him and I still do.

When you deeply love someone in the purest way, you keep of a piece of them in tucked away in a special place in your heart forever.

I gave myself two months. 

Know what your heart can handle and handle with care.  “In a relationship” is now off Facebook and our pictures are down.  A conversation I can handle now. 

I filled my months with sitting still and fun.

Time heals. So does having every one of your senses come “alive” again!

It involves quite possibly the most beautiful man I have ever met. Did I say sexy, smart, and stimulating? I’m beaming!

In fact, I find myself walking around smiling a lot.

There are no guarantees in life to me beyond the fact that God is God and I unconditionally love my daughters.

There are definitely no guarantees with men.

I am completely okay if he is Mr. Right Now.  Right now I am being filled with magical words and magical emotions. He is a gift.

Today is Billy’s 43rd birthday and today doesn’t hurt at all.

Today I am happy.