Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Baby Tooth

There are milestones between childhood and the teen years that define our babies are growing up.

Bodies change as hormone take on a form of their own. Growth spurts happen and our little ones are not as short as they once were. 

Last night my Brooke lost her last baby tooth. 

A bittersweet moment.  Two thoughts flood my mind; this is the last time I get to play the role of the tooth fairy, to which Brooke tried to negotiate what a “last tooth” rate should be and that there isn’t much left that defines her as a little girl.

Brooke negotiated a bit too high on what she feels is a fair rate and preferred that I mind as well hand over the cash now.  No way! 

Last night was my last night to be the tooth fairy.  For one last time she had to go to bed excited at not knowing how much $$$ she would receive in the morning and have to wake up to find out.

My littlest one’s last baby tooth. 

My last moment of being a tooth fairy. 

A bittersweet moment for me.