Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blessings

I received an award on behalf of our corporate office for a 44% increase in the 2010 United Way Campaign for Summit County and a personal “thank you” from Mrs. Brennan.  A campaign I agree to spearhead on an every-other-year basis. When Ed say’s I have to do the campaign, it means he needs it to be successful.  I give him successful then I say, “I’m not doing it next year!”  He smiles and lets me off the hook. Next year I’m off the hook.  J

The ladies from the American Heart Association Go Red for Women, my favorite event of the year, asked if I would be in their Macy’s photo for 2012 in Akron Lifestyle magazine.  A photo shoot I am looking forward to!

An unexpected $48 check from my insurance company arrived, a refund on my other car with the multi-policy discount, thanks to my new car.

A $50 Visa gift card arrived from Direct Energy, a “please come back” thank you.

Purchasing raffle items at Best Buy for a work event = $4.10 per gallon with Giant Eagle Fuel Perks (to me this is driving for 3 weeks for FREE!) as well as a $50 Best Buy complimentary gift card for selecting the one key item.

Mileage for business trips = extra income.

Krispy Kreme donates 500 FREE doughnuts for a work event that turns into 600 FREE doughnuts, then added yet an extra dozen = 612 FREE doughnuts.

The toilet in my girl’s bathroom had a running leak in the back of the tank.  The sound of the running water was annoying, but it could have waited to be fixed.  My dad did his best to fix it, but it was so old that it broke.  My dad felt bad and replaced it with a new & feminine toilet = free.

Blessings showered on me from many bizarre directions.  Sounds very nice, huh?

I recently read as long as you stay in prayer, you will receive blessings.

I am thankful for these blessings, but these are not the things I am praying for.