Thursday, June 16, 2011

Soul Mates

My mom asked if I had given her a book regarding soul mates.  I hadn’t and she asked if I wanted it for Billy.

Two thoughts immediately raced in my mind: I don’t believe in soul mates, I remembered being asked as a teenager if I believed in soul mates and I could hear my naïve and romantic reply as why I did, then.

I accepted the book and flipped through the pages to make sure it didn’t say something to the fact that there is only one other soul in the universe, in each persons life, that was meant to bring them a lifetime of happiness.

Sound jaded, huh?  It isn’t.

There have been a couple of men in my life that have taken my soul to places it has never been before. Each teaching me something new about myself I didn’t know existed and filled a unique place in my life. I deeply loved them during those seasons.

Like an answer to a special prayer, God knows what my life needs, every thing is on purpose.

I do believe …

Love is the serenity of the soul. It lives in the deepest part of our heart and sneaks out as often as it can.

Love is home in my heart and my home in his heart. An unspoken understanding.

In my heart is a lasting source of happiness where only the most precious things in my world get to come inside and stay forever.

Each of us has our own love story. Two people with a journey.  Two souls whose paths crossed, on Divine purpose, giving meaning and magic to a million hopes and dreams. An answer to a prayer that I barely got the chance to say. My wish on every single star.

When I say my soul mate, I mean the very one that takes my soul to a magical place. My heart.  My hope.  My strength.  My love.  My friendship.  My own special miracle.