Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Merry & Married This Christmas

 


The week of Christmas. Final preparations, a pending snowstorm, and I have two weeks off. 

Christmas is a production for sure. Instead of going over the top, gifting crazy, we are keeping it simple this year with gifts and a strong family focus. Several days' worth of family event gatherings.

This year I even changed traditions with girlfriends. Let's gather and enjoy a great meal and time together, less gifts. Gifting gets so out of hand, becomes so secular, robbing what Christmas is truly all about.

Focus on the little ones, creating the magic of Christmas in their eyes and little hearts. Reminding them always why we celebrate. My favorite gift this year goes to my grandbabies: 5 years, 3 years, and 1-1/2 years old. The thrill and excitement of Christmas with them is magic in my heart. 

This is my 1st Christmas being merry & married and my heart is already so grateful for my husband. Yes, we have gifts for each other, but HE is my gift this Christmas. Waking up in our new home, with my husband, honestly, it can rage and snow on Christmas and I will be snuggled in with my love saying, "happy birthday, Jesus" and "thank You for the beauty of a white Christmas."