Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Aged to Perfection!

 


Aged to perfection, happy 60th birthday to my husband, whom I love!

60, that cracks me up! Don't let the age fool you though. My husband is the ultimate badass. Disguised as an overly friendly, always laughing and joking, kind to every human, and genuinely the nicest guy, he is BRILLIANTLY smart, and he trains law enforcement and SWAT in weapons, ground fighting, and defensive tactics. He is fast as lightning, and I laugh when he displays his skills because I am always amazed. 

What a husband I have! I'm SO proud of him! 

When it comes to me... he is all love. 

For David's 60th birthday, we took the day off and slipped out of town on a surprise date day. Never experiencing a professional massage, his first massage experience was a Couples Four Hand Massage. Yep, both of us in the same room, two massage therapists for him, two massage therapists for me, for 80 minutes. It was wonderful!

David is a chatty-cathy, going into a spa, one knows the quiet room is where the experience begins, so I emphasized "quiet." We lounged robed, with sweet champagne in hand, listening to spa music, with a variety of snacks, teas, and mimosas at our disposal.

A four-hand massage truly is the ultimate. After our massage and feeling slightly drugged and relaxed, we went back into the quiet room to linger a bit longer. 






He said we should do this every month. I laughed and explained his first experience is far more significant than the average massage. So, we bought a massage table for us.

Stopping for lunch, we headed home for part 2 of Happy 60th Birthday! Our families, mine and his, joined us in our home for a birthday dinner and celebration. It's a lot of people, a lot of laughter and conversation at once with grandbabies running around. It was exactly what he wanted. 

Happy 60th birthday, my love!