Thursday, December 8, 2022

Before and After Marriage

 


That magical phase of ''before" marriage, where all things were perfect, like my hair, makeup, the outfits I chose... it was effortlessly wonderful. Does she wake up like this? Well, that's the perception.

I remember the days where being caught without makeup, my hair up, and glasses on would have been a certain death. 

Before marriage, doing his laundry was romantic. Washed, folded, lovingly put away... I was wife material. 

Before marriage, my betrothed thought I was an exceptional decorator. This list goes on...

Imagine my shock when we moved into our new home and putting up decor, he asked, "are you really putting that out?" I was stunned! "It looks like something my grandma had in her house" he boldly shared. Back up! First of all, I AM a grandma. Second, this decor is from Arhaus, and it isn't old and dated. In fact, I like it so much, I bought two in different colors. Respecting his request, I keep it on my nightstand. 

That's okay, I stopped doing his laundry. If he wears a pair of lounging pants for 1 hour and changes, it goes in the wash. He has extensive laundry and doesn't mind doing it himself as a fulltime job, so I let him. 

He thinks I look cute with my hair up and glasses on. I truly don't think he even notices when I don't have makeup on. 

The outfits I wouldn't have been caught in, that he knows they are secretly my favorites, he tells me how adorable I look and how much he loves them on me. Girls, that's love! 

I'm pretty sure he was well-informed; I am such a creature of habit. If I had 200 pieces of clothing, I wear 5% of it 95% of the time. 

Being married, things have changed in a very relaxed, wonderful, and comfy way. He is my best friend and life with him is absolutely the very best! 

Many things haven't changed like when we are in the house together, we are always in the same room together, always touching, snuggling and affectionate. We have coffee together in the mornings, watch the Coffee Quiz on channel 8 news (starting every day off in competition), and when we both get home the end of the workday, we put on a pot of coffee, sit on the couch and share our days before we do anything else. 

Before marriage wasn't smoke-n-mirrors, it was a natural dating process. Thank goodness that wanes.