Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Secret Escape

I stopped by HQ (the Clubhouse) to ask when the pool was closing, as Labor Day was approaching and to my surprise, it isn't closing until November.

Hallelujah! 

On the weekends the pool is a social gathering and lively with music. During the week, surprisingly, there may be two people or no one at all. It's perfect.


In this oppressive heat, having the pool to myself is delightful. The sun is hot, the pool is walk in comfortable, and floating in my chair with a beverage and good book is a perfect mid-afternoon escape. 

Everyone should have a couple of places as a secret escape that brings peace and relaxation and the biggest part of identifying these special places, is using them often.

The less white noise I have, the more peace I have. 

Slipping away in the pool mid-afternoon, an evening with my granddaughter and family, then the only show I watch and my guilty pleasure, Bachelor in Paradise, it was a really good day. 

These days balance my 10 hour event days.

I think I will add the pool to my mid-day plan for today as well. This oppressive heat wave isn't going to last and I am certainly looking forward to the cooler temperatures and autumn.