Thursday, September 27, 2018

An Empty Nest



Their application already submitted, Brooke & Alex were approved to toured the apartment they spent so much time searching for. I'm glad they took their time, because they found a nice place in the community she grew up in, an excellent price, pet friendly, 2 bedrooms, and a top floor. Just what she wanted.

Me, I cannot believe it. I feel like my whole life I've raised my girls and I think of Brooke's challenging years when I held on barely by a thread and dreamed of the day she would just be happy and just move out.

She did find her happiness. Brooke absolutely loves Alex and quite honestly, they are perfect for one another. When she is with him, she is happiest and full of life.

I think of her only turning 19 years old and a part of me thinks she is far too young for this big step in life, then I think of her genuine happiness and I know she will go from missing him when he is not with her, to venting how frustrating it is to live with him; yet, she wouldn't want it any other way.

Just as she has become pleasant to live with and a friend, a part of me told her she doesn't have to move, she can stay until they get married. "Mom, I really want this and I'm ready for this" and me, I catch my breath. Where did the years go?

Their apartment will be ready in two weeks.

I thank God she has reached this place in her life and I certainly don't feel like the commercials I always claimed I would be where the parents were pretending to be sad while secretly excitedly planning home renovations.

I feel as if I did it. I raised my girls and walked through hell with my daughter for years until she made it safely through and God love her, she made it.

My little birdie is ready to fly.