Tuesday, September 20, 2016

When a Small Voice is Enough


In nature, the noise from the world quiets and you can hear your thoughts. 

Spend a lot of time quiet and you meet God who is already there ready to whisper in a voice that can only be heard when your eyes and ears are ready to listen. 

That wasn't always the case.

I used to run around with my hair on fire, master of my own universe until I was exhausted and deaf by the noise of the world. 


There is peace and calm in the quiet.

Just God and me.

It is a time of conversation, covering, protection, healing, and slowly life is breathed back into me.

God is my protector and my provider.

There have been times in my life when I have looked to heaven and said, "You need to handle this" and He did. Not testing, but I recently said, "Okay, can you make this happen?" It was an odd request. Two days later, walking through a room, in a smooth segue, I hear this topic of my request present itself and time slowed down in my mind ... my God.

I remember thinking, touche. Then a part of my mind was OMGosh that is so God and look at him respond so quickly showing off! God is my Provider, He always has been.

Right now, it's me and God.

It is a magical place of walking together and talking with the noise of the outside world quiet. He is the true place of rest and rejuvenation.

I am covered and quiet as He whispers and my heart is open.