Sunday, March 20, 2016

Momma Bear

Mariah turned in her two weeks resignation at the bank on Friday, blessed she can enter marriage and be very present as her and Jeremy begin their life together.

For the last year, Mariah has had a bully where she works. A second level manager, female, who has picked on her and talked about her loudly to hurt her feelings. To the point where she feels sick going into work.

She has talked about this woman for the last year and described her miserable life as well as her unsavory looks, which made sense to me and I've explained over and over, hurt people, hurt people. And, ugly unhappy women are threatened by those who are pretty and happy.

Thursday morning, St. Patty's Day, even knowing Mariah was turning in her two weeks notice the next day, it was passed time I made my presence known to the bully.

She needed to know that while she has poked and picked at baby bear for a year now, baby bear has a much meaner and fiercer momma bear who isn't afraid of her.

David and I were on each others nerves when he said, "Go be mean to someone else!"  I thought about it and agreed with him. So, I picked up pretty St. Patty's day donuts for Mariah and walked into her bank on a mission. Mariah ran over to hug me and when I embraced my sweet girl and kissed her, I asked loudly, "Who is Brenda?!"

Panic swept over Mariah and she suddenly knew instantly why I was there. Rapidly, she started whispering for me to please don't say anything, please. So I shifted the plan. No confrontation, but I will let this bully know I now know who she is and I make my presence known.

She was gross. No wonder she resented my pretty, sweet and happy little girl. It all made sense.

A few loud comments on my end. My direct staring at her with her nervously chatting and absolute refusal to look my way my entire visit (and I lingered longer than necessary) only feet away, she knew why I was there, too.

You know how you handle a bully? By taking them on directly and letting them know you are far meaner, much more fierce, and happy to take it as far as needed.

After I left, Mariah text me that she couldn't stop smiling. That Brenda has been nice to her ever since.

Good, because I have no problem coming back and my next visit will be face to face with Brenda.

Brenda needed to know that she poked at the wrong little baby cub one to many times. She has been able to intimidate my daughter, but baby bear has a momma bear who has zero hesitation to come after here and it won't end well. For her.

Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord and so He created maternal instincts.

[Mama is spelled Momma because that is what my Mariah calls me and the way she writes it, so it is the correct spelling for me.]