Sunday, March 13, 2016

All Things Country

All things are country right now in my life.

My mind began shifting during several factors that kind of lead me down this path. From Mariah & Jeremy's country barn wedding I am the event coordinator of, to Mariah's country-themed bridal shower.

During winter months when it is too cold to be outside, Netflix has become a serious form of convenient entertainment. Winter started off with Hell on Wheels, then Prison Break, to a much calmer way of life, Hart of Dixie. I do love the south.

I find Hart of Dixie an escape to a quaint town with beautiful scenery, old-fashioned values, and the look and feel of a town I would love to relocate to. I've been thinking about it for years. It is a goal for someday. A much slower way of life and loads of sunshine.

In the midst of thinking all things country, last week I enjoyed a couple of days in the magnificent mountains and warm sunshine of Virginia for my grandmothers funeral.

My mind has shifted into wanting quaint.

Driving home in my community that I have always loved, for the first time ever I felt slightly overwhelmed at the endless and senseless hustle-n-bustle of people wanting to run constantly for the sake of being busy.

Busyness leads quickly to burnout. Not to mention people look like rats scurrying around, running, shopping, buying, filling voids that cannot be filled, with stuff.

Me, I made a large pitcher of iced tea, made some favorite chicken and sweet corn bread with sea salt butter, chocolate chip brownies w/maple cool whip, and turned on Hart of Dixie.

I sit in the sunshine and enjoy a good book.

And the best ... I've already started spring clean-up in my yard admiring the crocus that has popped up in different places, the buds on my trees, and embracing the first signs of spring.

I'm preparing for sunshine, mulch, and a yard and patio filled with flowers.

Chaos, shhhhh ... I am shifting into a new season.

It may require more change.