Saturday, February 28, 2015

Agape

I will be the first to confess that David and I have a wonderful life together. We share the commonalities that matter that make the difference, yet we are individual.

We are so much alike yet with opposite strengths that complement one another. Together we are whole.

Both of us are alphas, united we are incredible. Not being together is kryptonite.

I have always known he loves me, but I remember the day vividly when I realized how much. The day he fought for us when I had nothing left.

He looked horrible. Worn out and stress was wearing on him, panic and desperation on his face. With tears in his eyes, when words weren't enough, defeated he reminded me ...

... he used my words to remind me that love is a choice. It is a decision and he chooses love.

In all my flowery words and Dawn-isms that I am certain he is so tired of hearing, he gets it.

When I had nothing left of me and darkness was closing in, he reminded me exactly what I believe in.

It was as if a soft breeze blew dead ashes that had suffocated the fire and life was breathed on embers that fanned into flames.

He spoke my love language and I knew he had played his final hope [Which was his soul and heart poured out]. It was that moment.

I remember the conversation was tense and we were both hurting in different ways. Hurt people hurt people.

In the midst of it all, I was more at home in his presence with our hearts connected than I am any other place in this world.

He is my home, my heart, my life and my agape; my highest, purest, and unconditional love.