Thursday, June 26, 2014

Balance

Balance is restoring as I am writing.

For days my schedule has been thrown off while attending two full days of ServSafe restaurant management certification training, being out of the rescue mission while they are experiencing record high numbers of dinner guests, my phone never stops from the mission even though I cannot be there, attending a collaborative event yesterday, and having a house full of teenagers for a 24-hour sleepover and entertainment.

Being routine by nature, I am finding my internal equilibrium and getting back into balance.

This is the very reason why I can be on an exotic vacation in a breathtaking destination and after a couple of days, get me back home.

Brooke is very much a creature of habit like me and at the 28th hour of her sleepover, I felt that invisible umbilical cord reconnect, her pull close and needing quiet time at home with me.

Slipping into routine is an oasis of restoration, comfort and balance.

Healing begins when balance is restored. David and I often do this when we are at odds, we take us back to routine that is the oasis of us.