Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Never Enough

[A poem written by Brooke today.]

Sometimes I know the words to say,
Give thanks for all I've done,
But then they fly up and away,
As quickly as they come.

How could I possibly thank you enough,
The one who makes me whole.
The one whom I owe my life,
The forming of my soul.

The one who tucked me in a night,
The one who stopped my crying.
The one who was the expert,
The one who picked up when I was lying.

Look at me before you,
See what I've become.
Do you see yourself in me,
The job that you have done?

All of your hopes and all of your dreams,
The strength that no one sees.
A transfer over many years,
Your best was passed to me.

Thank you for the gifts you give,
For everything you do.
But thank you, mommy, most of all,
For making dreams come true.

With love,
Your daughter