Saturday, March 22, 2014

An Ordinary Day Turned Extraordinary

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life,
love gives us a fairy tail."
 
March 23, 2013 I woke up to an ordinary day completely unaware it was about to turn extraordinary. 
 
A Facebook friend request came through and when my eyes registered the name, that handsome, familiar face from so long ago, my heart leaped, and I felt a thrill run through my veins.
 
Yes, I will accepted your friend request.  It sounds very much like, "Yes, I will accept this rose." [The Bachelor]
 
Dialogue and memories quickly followed that day. It was not the first time we had seen each other after 20 years, it wasn't the first time we kissed, or we said our first, "I love you."  It wasn't the moment I knew I wanted forever with him. It was the day our paths crossed after 20+ years. It was the day that my heart awakened with excitement, yet I didn't know how significant he would become in my life.
 
It was an ordinary day, turned extraordinary.
 
Electricity was in the air that day, in case you felt it. Two paths that crossed on purpose that turned into rekindled friendship, a first kiss, a romantic summer, best friends, partners, and love.
 
Yes, I will also recognize that first day we saw each other again 20 years later and I will recognize our first date, our first kiss [the very moment I knew he was going to be significant in my life], and the first time he said, "I love you."
 
I celebrate life, I celebrate love, and I honor the special unexpected days that life gives us as a perfect gift.
 
Happy 1st Anniversary of our lives reconnecting, I love you.