Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Terms of Endearment

Terms of endearment are the language of love and affection for me.

I have an endless arsenal of terms ready to be lavishly shared on those closest to my heart. For me, it is saying I love you and adore you in other words.

And as much as I love words, I don't use them lightly.

The absence of these terms almost sets the tone that I am not-in-a-good-place. Almost like a temperature gauge when warmth and affection are lacking things feel a bit colder. Formal names are used when my arsenal feels depleted. A chill is in the air.

Love is a verb. It is a choice. I choose to lavishly love those most important to me.

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Where my words are, my heart is.

Sometimes it flows naturally and sometimes it takes a heart push for myself sometimes, because I don't always feel as if I want to cover others in grace. Sometimes I don't have anything nice to say.

Love says I choose to though.

It is like a magical invisible cord that keeps my heart connected.