Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

To the mothers who live selflessly, give endlessly and love beyond measure. To motherhood, grandmotherhood, and maternal bonds, Happy Mother's Day.

From Mariah to me ...


From Brooke to me, because I love all thing's in 3 ...


Brooke gave me this, a fern to hang under my tree outside, and a rose in a vase that opens when you push a button.  I was looking at the rose and my thoughts were "my gosh you are your dad's child." He would have bought this very same gift for someone because he loved red roses.

My thoughts were lingering on this when music started blaring from the other end of the house! Brooke and I looked at each other wide-eyed, both of us looked in that direction and we carefully made our way to the music, unsure of what we were going to find.

What made her iPod sitting in the charger suddenly turn on?  Brooke says, "I think my dad is saying Happy Mother's Day to you." I said out loud, "Thank you, Keith. Okay, no more of this stuff." 

Brooke and I just look at each other.  

Mother's Days is a day of much reflection for me and my heart is so grateful for my daughters ...

[Facebook post to my girls]

If I was given a choice of one wish in life: A man to love endlessly, incredible wealth, or baby of my own ... every day I would have chosen you both. Mariah and Brooke you are my unconditional love, my greatest career, my greatest joys and significance in life. I still love you more than the stars in the sky, the grass on the earth, the leaves on the trees, and the sand on the beach. xoxo Mommy

And to the other mothers in their lives ...

A *special thank you* to the other mothers that play such a significant role in my daughters lives ... my mom my daughters *GRAND*mother, Kirsten for my Mariah, and Deb for my Brooke. Thank you for being women of character, incredible strength, and faith in God. Thank you for protecting, providing, loving, and guiding my daughters. Thank you for your role in their lives being an example of extended love in motherhood. My daughters have been raised with amazing examples of women of strength and I am thankful for each of you.

Mother's Day holds such significance of unconditional, indescribable, grateful love for me. My heart goes out to the young and the old who grieve on this day for mom's who have passed, wives who have passed, mothers with children who have passed, and the women across the world who long for a child of their own.

To all the mother's that have been called to Heaven, may your wings of love embrace hurting hearts today.