Friday, March 30, 2012

An Invisible Cord

Jokingly, I have always said to "cut the umblical cord" when it comes to Brooke.

When Brooke was a baby, she was always happiest next to me. I bought a front baby carrier, put her in it facing me and about my day I would go, even in our home. I could cook, clean and do just about everything with Brooke against me. Her favorite place.

My girls are mine. They stay close even though they are far away.

Mariah in Savannah/Key West for Spring Break with her dad's family. Brooke in Florida with my mom and dad for her Spring Break.

It is nothing to get 3-5 phone calls a day from each of them. Telling me about their days, to just talk and connect to home. I let them have their days and let them call me when they want as to not interrupt plans they may have. They never seem far from me.

There is an invisible cord that connects us, an invisible bond. A bond of strength, comfort and balance in their lives no matter where they may be, they are still close. It is an invisible bond that keeps their hearts close to home and to me.

My Mariah calls and texts to share vacation details, girlfriend conversations and sharing secrets.

My Brooke calls for casual conversation.

Giving them their freedom, I encourage them to enjoy life fully. Rich in healthy experiences.

I am ultimately blessed to have an invisible cord to my babies. An invisible bond they draw strength and comfort in.

I do, too.