Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blessings In the New

This has been a winter like no other, a spring like no other I have experienced. I can't help but think there is some parallel between this summer-like weather in spring and my fresh, new beginning.

Timing. Blessings. God-breathed.

It has been almost a month now and I feel like a new person. As each week passes, I master this new season in life.

A new routine with deep focus.

I'm a morning person. Today, I was awake at 5:30 a.m. and I still treasure the early morning before the sun comes up. The girls will get on the school bus at 7:15 a.m. then my new eight hours begin at the gym.

I have found a new favorite, Kickboxing and a familiar old favorite, high impact step & sculpt class starts my mornings out pushing me to the limit. This new amazing gym is simply another blessing.

Still, a whole day ahead of me.

I bask in the sunshine reading books. I spend time at the library picking out older, classic movies I have never seen, checking out magazines is another "new" for me.

I'm learning to bargain shop. Time was of the essence before and for this girl who loathes shopping, to get everything in one stop was good enough.

Did I mention I save $220 per month NOT commuting to work? I am on a new quest to see how much I can save on gas and I plan my errands in a perfect loop.

Gone is my meeting calendar and welcome my social calendar. Yes, I have a calendar so I don't forget lunch dates, social commitments and upcoming spring/summer events I don't want to miss.

I am home everyday for the school bus. What a difference this makes to my kids. A little something new for them that they appreciate. Another new first for me.

Dinner early. Back to the park to walk. Sometimes by myself or sometimes with my friend, Dawn. Walking with a partner is easier chatting the miles away. We average between 3 1/2 to 5 miles per night! I know!

This window of time is a season, it will not last. This girl still knows how to make the most of everything.

"Leisure is a beautiful garment, but it will not due for constant wear." - Unknown