Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Smartmouthfullness

I laughed when Mariah commented this morning, “I have been watching my smartmouthfulness with you lately” she innocently said like the better child as she was very frustrated with her morning moody sister.

Smartmouthfulness.

I like this word. 

Mariah is my sweeter child. Happy. Good-natured. Funny. Sweet.

Brooke is a bit more like me personality wise. I try to explain to her frustrated sister that Brooke is moody.  Nobody can deal with Brooke’s mood swings well, but me.  That’s because I ignore her. 

When I am feeling a little on edge, I would prefer for everyone to stay out of my path and not talk to me.  It’s rather simple. 

You cannot get moody to go away, especially by confrontation. It goes away on its own with time like the morning fog.  Then balance is restored and we now have a bit demanding Brooke.  I don’t blame Brooke, she comes by it naturally. She is strong and independent with occasional mood swings.

I am often thankful Mariah is more sweet-natured like her dad.

WARNING:  Smartmouthfulness may cause reaction and me to not ignore mood swings.

Ahhhhh … the life and beauty of having a teenage and a pre-teen daughter.