Friday, May 13, 2011

Planting In The Right Ground

I have always said “the grass is not greener on the other side, it is greener where you water and fertilize it.”  That’s easy enough, but do we know if we are in the right ground though?  
Seasons change. Jobs change. Life changes. We change.
I am always assessing if I am where I am supposed to be for a most extraordinary life. 
Notice I said “I” am always assessing, a bad habit on my part. It is me taking full control. Keeping God on a shelf for when I need Him. Pondering and planning my perfect future while forgetting to ask the One who can do extraordinary a bzillion times better than me!
I have learned to rely on God in so many areas of my life. I am also guilty of giving him a break and handling life myself. That’s where the worry and doubt sets in.
Why do I ponder when I have a God who lavishly loves and supernaturally blesses me?
“If it’s big enough to worry about, it’s big enough to pray about.”
Being where I am supposed to be in life has been on my mind a lot this week. My very attentive Magical Highlighter already knew this and sent me a reminder, to ask Him …
Joel Osteen writes:
God has given you everything you need to do what He’s called you to do in this life. He has equipped you to be successful and has empowered you to overcome in this life. He’s given you seed to sow in order to have an abundant harvest in your future. You have what it takes!
God has placed seed in your hand today, but in order for that seed to produce, it has to be planted. It has to be watered. It has to be fertilized. Today, ask God to show you where to plant your seed. Make sure you are sowing in the right ground and tending to the seed He has given you. Remember, God has a good plan for your future. He has plans to bless you and increase you.